In addition to specific benefits outlined below, members of IPEC-Americas have access to members only resources in the Member Library offered through this web site. Membership also allows company employees to access breaking news available only to members, sometimes ahead of trade press reports.
> Access to globally accepted industry guidance documents covering:
• international good manufacturing practice principles for pharmaceutical excipients;
• GMP training;
• format and use of excipient certificates of analysis;
• identification and reporting of significant changes which occur during an excipient's manufacture;
• standardized excipient information to help suppliers and users better evaluate excipients for pharmaceutical use;
• submission and maintenance of data for Type IV excipient drug master files;
• excipient composition; and
• essential elements of the excipient qualification and specification development processes.
> Access to and ability to influence USP, PhEur and JP decisions and directives by service on compendial working groups and expert committees
> Access to FDA, USP, and other industry organizations through involvement with CHPA and Product Quality Research Institute (PQRI) and projects and committee service
> Opportunity to work with FDA to improve the content and format of the agency's inactive ingredient database (IID) and its Type IV drug masterfile system
> Access to FDA, USP, ICH, European Union and WHO directives, guidance, programs, and meetings through member notices
> Access to the Member Library to comment on IPEC draft documents, position papers and policy statements
> Discounts on Excipient Learning Lab courses, workshops, webinars, eLearning modules