There are seven categories of Associate members in IPEC-Americas.
- Graduate Students - ($31 annual dues) Current graduate students in pharmacy and related sciences
- Academic ($127 annual dues) Current or retired faculty of schools of pharmacy or related sciences.
- Academic Institution - ($254 annual dues) Professors, students (undergrad, grad and post grad), faculty, staff and recent alumni
- Individual Consultants ($381 annual dues) no more than 2 employees.
- Distributors ($2,540 annual dues)
- Providers of Specialized Services ($2,540)
- Not For Profit Scientific Organization ($5,000 annual dues) Groups whose membership primarily is composed of individuals.
- Pharmaceutical Industry Associations (5,000 annual dues) Organizations whose memberships primarily are composed of pharmaceutical manufacturers.
This category includes advertising agencies, publications, research firms, packagers, etc.
Associate Members may serve on most committees, attend Council meetings and receive bulletins, newsletters, and membership mailings. However, they may not hold elective office and have no voting rights.