IPEC-Americas sponsors a peer reviewed scientific journal which is dedicated to excipients. This on-line open-access journal published by IPEC is titled the Journal of Excipients and Food Chemicals (JEFC). JEFC publishes research articles, research reports, technical notes, scientific commentaries, news, views and review articles related to the physical, chemical biological, biotechnological, clinical and scocioeconomic-pharmacoeconomic as well as regulatory aspects of pharmacetucal excipients and food chemicals.
The journal offers a unique forum for the discussion and communication of research, reviews or commentary related exclusively to excipient materials.
Click here to access the Journal Website: http://ojs.abo.fi/jefc
CALL FOR PAPERS:
This Journal publishes innovative research papers, technical notes, reviews, and other suitable communications including but not limited to:
- the effect of excipients on drug formulation development,
- the effect of food chemicals on food products and their processing,
- the effect of excipients on drug delivery (including lipid-based systems, solid dispersion, nanotechnology, targeted drug delivery, etc.)
- the effect of excipients on bioavailability,
- excipient efficacy, safety and toxicity,
- excipient stability and ability to manufacture,
- novel excipients and food chemicals and their physical chemistry,
- new or improved analytical methods to characterize excipients and food chemicals,
- co-processed excipients and/or performance modifying excipients,
- drug-excipient interactions and compatibility, and
- excipient and food chemical regulatory, quality and compendial issues, including excipient harmonization.
Excipients and food chemicals may be small molecule, macromolecules, proteins, lipidic or polymeric self-assembled nanocarriers or nanostructured dispersions, adjuvants or of genetic origin.
The Editorial Board invites submissions to The Journal of Excipients and Food Chemicals. Submissions can be made online at: http://ojs.abo.fi/jefc.
Dr. Shireesh Apte, Alcon Research, TX
Dr. Arvind Kumar Bansal, NIPER, India
Dr. Brian A.C. Carlin, FMC Biopolymers, NJ
Dr. Divyakant Desai, Bristol-Myers Squibb, NJ
Dr. Jeoff Tovey, Geoff Tovey Associates
Dr. Christian R. Moreton, FinnBrit Consulting, MA
Professor Nikolai Petrovsky, Flinders University, Australia
Dr. Niklas Olavi Sandler, Abo Akademi, Finland
Dr. Abu T.M. Serajuddin, St. John’s University, NY
Ms. Janeen Skutnik-Wilkinson, Biogen
Professor Luigi Gino Martini, King's College London, UK
Dr. Otilia Koo, Bristol-Myers Squibb
Dr. Harry G. Brittain, Center for Pharmaceutical Physics, NJ
Dr. James Griffiths, USP, United States
Dr. Edward Maggio, Aegis Therapeutics, CA
Dr. Maj-Britt Moreton, United States
Mr. David R. Schoneker, Colorcon Inc, PA