In addition to specific benefits outlined below, members of IPEC-Americas have access to social networking capabilities offered through this web site. Membership also allows company employees to access breaking news available only to members, sometimes ahead of trade press reports. You also can respond to draft compendial monographs through the "Forums" feature and see other member's comments at the same time.
Access to globally accepted industry guidance documents covering:
- international good manufacturing practice principles for pharmaceutical excipients;
- GMP audito training;
- format and use of excipient certificates of analysis;
- identification and reporting of significant changes which occur during an excipient's manufacture;
- standardized excipient information to help suppliers and users better evaluate excipients for pharmaceutical use;
- submission and maintainence of data for Type IV excipient drug master files;
- excipient composition; and
- essential elements of the excipient qualification and specification development processes.
- Opportunity to have member company auditors trained to conduct excipient supplier and distributor audits based on the Joint IPEC/PQG GMP Guide for Pharmaceutical Excipients and companion Audit Guidelines
- Access to and ability to influence USP, PhEur and JP decisions and directives by service on compendial working groups and expert committees
- Access to FDA, USP, and other industry organizations through involvement with CHPA, Product Quality Research Institute (PQRI) and ASTM International projects and committee service
- Opportunity to work with FDA to improve the content and format of the agency's inactive ingredient database and its Type IV drug masterfile system
- Access to FDA, USP, ICH, European Union and WHO directives, guidance, programs, and meetings though member notices, bulletins and newsletters.
- Access to the members-only sections of the IPEC-Americas website to comment on IPEC draft monographs, position papers and policy statements; to register for meetings; and to purchase IPEC publications at discount prices
Gain discounts on IPEC seminars and conferences.