The Journal of Excipients and Food Chemicals, an IPEC-Americas published and sponsored Journal, is a open-access, online-only, peer-reviewed Journal that offers a unique forum for the discussion and communication of research, reviews or commentary related exclusively to excipients and food chemicals. It is indexed in ChemAbstracts, SCOPUS, Embase, EBSCO, IndexCopernicus, DOAJ, Global Health and CAB abstracts, Open-JGate, Google Scholar, Ulrich's, Genamics JournalSeek.
This Journal publishes innovative research papers, technical notes, reviews, and other suitable communications, including but not limited to:
• the effect of excipients on drug formulation development,
• the effect of food chemicals on food products and their processing
• the effect of excipients on drug delivery (including lipid-based systems, solid dispersion, nanotechnology, targeted drug delivery, etc.)
• the effect of excipients on bioavailability,
• excipient efficacy, safety and toxicity
• excipient stability and ability to manufacture,
• novel excipients and food chemicals and their physical chemistry;
• new or improved analytical methods to characterize excipients and food chemicals,
• co-processed excipients and/or performance modifying excipients;
• drug-excipient interactions and compatibility; and
• excipient and food chemical regulatory, quality and compendial issues, including excipient harmonization.
Excipients and food chemicals may be small molecules, macromolecules, proteins, lipidic or polymeric self-assembled nanocarriers or nanostructured dispersions, adjuvants or of genetic origin.
The Editorial Board invites submissions to The Journal of Excipients and Food Chemicals. Submissions can be made online at: http://ojs.abo.fi/jefc.
Shireesh Apte, Alcon Research, TX
Konstantinos Avgoustakis, University of Patras, Greece
Arvind Bansal, NIPER, India
Harry Brittain, Center for Pharmaceutical Physics, NJ
Brian Carlin, FMC biopolymers, NJ
Zak Chowhan, Consultant, MD
Divyakant Desai, Bristol-Myers Squibb, NJ
James Griffiths, USP Convention, Inc. MD
Ashok Katdare, S&R CMC consulting LLC
Ed Maggio, Aegis Therapeutics, CA
Chris Moreton, FinnBrit Consulting, MA
Eric Munson, University of Kansas, KS
Nikolai Petrovsky, Flinders University, Australia
Jukka Rantanen, University of Copenhagen, DK
Niklas Sandler, Abo Akademi, Finland
David Schoneker, Colorcon Inc., PA
Abu Serajuddin, St. John’s University, NY
Manmohan Singh, Novartis Inc.
Janeen Skutnik, Pfizer Inc.
Frank Unger, University of Vienna, Austria
Anan Yaghmur, University of Copenhagen, DK